Dear BIKE & HIKE participants and supporters:
UPDATE: As of July 15, 2020 the BIKE & HIKE for ALS is canceled.
We are working behind the scenes to get things lined up for a great 2020 BIKE & HIKE! The trails are open at this time and we hope they stay that way. For, this year’s event, we will suggest and abide by the social distancing guidelines as much as possible, or as directed by state officials.
Here are the precautions we are taking for this year’s event:
- Outdoor gear bag pick up (We STRONGLY encourage you to register, pay and sign your waiver online prior to the event.)
- Increased distancing at the start line
- Volunteers will wear masks and not have symptoms
- Increased distancing at the transition station area for both participants and volunteers
- Increased distancing at the finish line
What happens if the event is canceled or changed?
The BIKE & HIKE may be delayed, altered, shortened, or end early due to events beyond our control including: inclement weather, or directives or mandates related to COVID-19. Regarding COVID-19, event management will do everything possible to hold the event, including distancing participants, requiring masks, etc. In the case of severe weather, the event will be cancelled only in the event of severe storms, severe lightning, tornado threats or other extreme weather conditions. The Bike & Hike event management will make these decisions as current and potential conditions become known and are studied.
Alternatively, we may convert the event to a “virtual BIKE & HIKE”, details of which will be announced later.
Because a significant amount of the funds collected during registration have already been expended by the day of the event for the production of the event, and because each event is uniquely scheduled for its date and location, registration refunds may not possible and rescheduling the event is unlikely, and therefore we have a general no refund policy. Proceeds from registration fees, donations and sponsorships will continue to benefit the ALS Association of Arkansas, and Operation Speak Easier.
If COVID-19 restrictions completely cancel our event, we will:
- have a cool swag bag for each registered participant
- schedule a thank-you outdoor gathering at a time when we can do so
- hope you will consider your registration fee a donation to the ALS Association of Arkansas (as proceeds from each event are donated to ALS)
- offer paid participants a registration credit for the 2021 BIKE & HIKE for ALS