Bike and Hike Challenge for ALS • August 24, 2019
Terms, Event Rules and Requirements
In order to make your participation in the event as enjoyable and safe as possible for you and all participants, please take a moment to read the following terms and rules.
NOTE: An accident and liability waiver will need to be signed by each individual participant at the gear bag/registration pick up area the day before the event.
SOLO PARTICIPANTS (both BIKE & HIKE) and BIKE only RELAY PARTICIPANTS:
- Bicycle helmets must be worn during the cycling portion of the event, no exceptions. Anyone not wearing an approved helmet while on the bicycle will be asked to cease participation in the event. Bicycle helmets can provide additional protection during the hiking portion of the event.
- Please follow all traffic regulations and traffic signs including those in the Pinnacle Park area. Bicyclists are required to follow all traffic laws, including stopping at stop signs, railroad tracks, riding as far to the right as practicable and riding either single file or no more than two abreast. Cyclists must yield to emergency vehicles and should be aware of their surroundings at all times.
- We highly recommend that you do NOT use ear buds or head phones while on the bike. This event includes sections of open road and trail. No traffic control is being provided. It is important that participants be able to hear instructions, warnings and other vehicles for their own safety.
SOLO PARTICIPANTS and HIKE only RELAY PARTICIPANTS:
- Hikers must stay on designated routes/trails, must not litter and must report to the event volunteers when arriving at the trailheads and when departing. This is to assure that all hikers make it safely around the trail and have been accounted for. Please follow the Bike and Hike Trail blazes.
- When returning from the hike – please cross Pinnacle Valley Road at the same point as when you started the hike (there will be a Sheriff’s Deputy present at the crossing.) DO NOT WALK along Pinnacle Valley Road – this is a request of the Park Rangers.
- Participants may want to consider the use of insect repellent during the hiking portion of the event. Ticks, mosquitoes and other insects may be present in Pinnacle Park.
- Participants are encouraged to have emergency contact information on their persons during the event.
- Please be courteous and mindful of other people on the trails and bridges. Share the Road and Share the Trails.
Because a significant amount of the funds collected during registration have already been expended by the day of the event for the production of the event, and because each event is uniquely scheduled for its date and location, registration refunds are not possible and rescheduling the event is not feasible, and therefore we have a no refund policy. Proceeds from registration fees, donations and sponsorships will continue to benefit the ALS Association of Arkansas, and Operation Speak Easier.