IMPORTANT FAQ’S AND OTHER INFO ABOUT THE 2013 BIKE & HIKE:
Start time: 7:00am Saturday. River Trail Station / NLR (google map here: http://bikehikeforals.com/the-route/location-maps/)
- Registration: Friday from 4 – 8 pm. Saturday from 6am – 7am at RIVER TRAIL STATION.
- Bring your hiking gear with you to registration.
- Online registrants will still need to sign release forms.
- Bring your gear to registration Friday night or Saturday.
- At registration, participants will be given a limited edition BIKE & HIKE nylon bag for shoes and any supplies you need for the Pinnacle Mountain transition area.
- Gear will be shuttled from the start to the Pinnacle transition station at 7:00am Saturday.
- At the transition station, you will be able to leave your bike safely and change into your hiking shoes and/or gear.
- Please sign in and out at the transition station so we know you have arrived and departed safely from Pinnacle Mountain.
- Gear bags will be returned to the start line later in the morning.
ALL riders must wear a helmet for all portions of the ride.
Cyclists need to wear their bib numbers on their backs. A duplicate bib will be attached to your gear back, and a smaller number for your bike.
Route maps are attached to this email . Please take the time to review them.
The River Trail will have some pedestrian traffic on Saturday. Another 5k event is scheduled this same day, starting at Murray Park at 8am and traveling over the Big Dam Bridge to North Little Rock. Riders should have no trouble getting over the Big Dam Bridge before this 5k begins, but please be aware..
As always, please use caution and courtesy while riding.
The route will have signs and/or volunteers to help direct you.
The roads are not closed to traffic. Volunteers will be there to assist, but all riders are responsible for their own safety and must abide by all traffic laws. We want everyone to have a fun and safe time.
A SAG vehicle will be available on portions of the route where allowed.
PINNACLE MOUNTAIN STATE PARK HIKE:
You will be hiking over access roads, part of the Ouachita trail, and from East to West over Pinnacle and loop back around to the East Summit trail base.
There will be Rest Stops located at:
Two Rivers Park.
The transition area at Pinnacle Mountain.
Water stop at the peak of Pinnacle Mountain.