IMPORTANT FAQ’S AND OTHER INFO ABOUT THE 2017 BIKE & HIKE:
Participant information is below:
Start time: 7:00am Sunday, August 27, 2017. Rockwater Village, NLR.
1600 Rockwater Blvd, North Little Rock, AR 72114
REGISTRATION and/OR Packet Pickup: (times and location subject to change)
- Friday, August 25th from 5 to 8pm at Rockwater Marina (across from the Riverside at Rockwater Apartments, 1600 Rockwater Blvd).
- Saturday, August 26th from 1 – 6 pm. at Rockwater Marina.
- Bring your hiking gear with you to registration.
- Online registrants will still need to sign release forms.
- Bring your gear to registration Saturday or Sunday morning.
- At registration, participants will be given a limited edition BIKE & HIKE nylon bag for shoes and any supplies you need for the Pinnacle Mountain transition area.
- Gear will be shuttled from the start to the Pinnacle transition station at 6pm on Saturday and at 6:50am Sunday.
- At the transition station, you will be able to leave your bike safely and change into your hiking shoes and/or gear.
- Participants must sign in and out at the transition station so we know you have arrived and departed safely from Pinnacle Mountain.
- Gear bags will be returned to the start line later in the morning, in several shifts as participants return from the hiking portion of the event..
- ALL riders must wear a helmet for all portions of the ride.
- Cyclists need to wear their bib numbers on their backs. A duplicate bib will be attached to your gear back, and a smaller number for your bike.
- Please take the time to review them.
- The River Trail will have some pedestrian traffic on ride day.
- As always, please use caution and courtesy while riding.
- The route will have signs and/or volunteers to help direct you.
- The roads are not closed to traffic. Volunteers will be there to assist, but all riders are responsible for their own safety and must abide by all traffic laws. We want everyone to have a fun and safe time.
- A SAG vehicle will be available on portions of the route where allowed.
PINNACLE MOUNTAIN STATE PARK HIKE:
You will be hiking over access roads, part of the Ouachita trail, and from East to West over Pinnacle and loop back around to the East Summit trail base.
There will be Rest Stops located at:
Two Rivers Park.
The transition area at Pinnacle Mountain.
Water stop near the peak of Pinnacle Mountain.
Because a significant amount of the funds collected during registration have already been expended by the day of the event for the production of the event, and because each event is uniquely scheduled for its date and location, registration refunds are not possible and rescheduling the event is not feasible, and therefore we have a no refund policy. Proceeds from registration fees, donations and sponsorships will continue to benefit the ALS Association of Arkansas, and Operation Speak Easier.